Date: 11/1/21 4:50 pm
From: Hartmut Peters <tuoichen...>
Subject: [Tweeters] American Bittern
Given that bitterns aren't seen that often, I'd like to point out one
especially cooperative bittern at the Nisqually Wildlife Refuge. She/he
apparently likes a place right at the foot of the boardwalk, inside of the
dike according to friendly birders we met at the site.

See https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/99929843

When I still lived in Europe I never saw a bittern, and this encounter was
the first in the Northwest. We have seen a number of American bitterns in
the Everglades and adjacent areas, however.

Hartmut Peters

--
Hartmut Peters
Seattle, Washington; tuoichen AT gmail.com