Date: 11/1/21 4:52 pm
From: Chris Elphick <elphick...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Atlas: two things (winter and summer)
First, field work for the last season of the winter atlas begins today, so please share any eBird checklists between now and the end of February with ctbirdatlas.  Most important are checklists from under-birded parts of the state (we don't need every checklist from Hammonasset or Milford Point, only those that add species to the respective blocks).  Sending data via other means is also encouraged for non-eBird users (full details on the atlas web site).

To see the highest priority areas, check out this blog post http://ctbirdatlas.org/blog/index.php/2021/10/26/early-winter-priorities/ (but note, that these are not the only blocks we still need data for).
Second, now that data collection for the breeding atlas is largely over, we are starting to ramp up the analysis of these data. The first stage is to clean up the database and make sure we are not missing anything.  If you have outstanding data that you previously sent us, either by sharing eBird checklists or be mailing/emailing data sheets - please do so as soon as possible. The second stage of data analysis will be to do a series of checks on the data to ensure that we don't have mistakes, but we want to ensure we have all the data in hand before we begin that process so that we don't have to do it over again.
Many thanks,Chris

Chris Elphick @ssts
Storrs, CT
<elphick...>