Date: 9/22/21 6:17 pm
From: Nicholas Levendosky <n.levendosky...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Loma Prieta
This morning Alex Rinkert and I spent some time along Loma Prieta. It was
quite warm by 7 o'clock and an interesting east wind developed despite the
foggy conditions down along the coast. Overall, migration appeared slow
last night into the morning with few birds moving south. Interestingly, the
few migrants seen today were coming up the draws from the south.

Birds of note included a BLACK-THROATED SPARROW at the lower saddle. It was
first seen on the Santa Cruz side then flew over to Santa Clara County. We
didn't see it stick, but it certainly could be around. It was seen on
either side of the road here: 37.099363,-121.856566.

Additionally, we found two separate THICK-BILLED FOX SPARROWS along Mt.
Madonna Rd. below the large parking lot at the junction of Loma Prieta Ave.
X Summit Rd.

Nick Levendosky
Santa Cruz