Date: 9/20/21 7:09 pm
From: Don Roberson <creagrus...>
Subject: Re: [MBBIRDS] Lesser Sand-Plover ID help
It looks like no one noticed the final posting in Joe Morlan’s account, to wit

> Added 17 March 2001
>
> The sandplover was trapped and measured on 15 March. The results confirm Greater Sandplover.

I don’t understand the opposition to trapping, measuring & weighing, and releasing the bird. This happens every day at multiple bird observatories across the world, who hold the proper permit, as did those who trapped and measured the Greater Sandpiper.

Thanks, Don