Date: 9/20/21 5:25 pm
From: Jeff Manker <fireweed8...>
Subject: Re: [MBBIRDS] Lesser Sand-Plover ID help
If you look at the bottom of the 2001 report, they did capture and measure
the bird, confirming that it was a Greater.

From the observations I made and the photos I was able to get (a few of
which showed an extended wing, I believe it is a Lesser. The bill is
definitely different from the Greater in both length and shape, the wing
stripe is much less prominent, the leg color is darker, the uppers are much
grayer. All of which points to the Lesser.

Jeff Manker