Date: 9/20/21 4:19 pm
From: Julia van der Wyk <juliavdw11...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Warbling Vireo?
I believe it was a WARBLING VIREO I saw in the magnolia tree today. (east side santa cruz)
Seen from below, about the size of a chickadee. Short, notched tail, creamy underparts. Soft brownish grayish colors on top. Soft creamy stripes around eye. dark legs. Maybe a few scant dark streaks on its breast, but I wouldn’t call it streaked from that.
It went from branch to branch with about 30 seconds in between.

The photos for warbling vireo on All About Birds match closely to what I remember, and is the closest I can find in peterson book as well.

I’ll keep an eye out for it to see if I can get a more distinct view.

–Julia v.‌