Date: 9/20/21 10:46 am
From: 'Eric Goodill' via mbbirds <mbbirds...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Lesser Sand-Plover ID help
Hi,

I was able to view the LESP yesterday and got some reasonable photos. Since I wasn’t familiar with this species, I did some Googling, and I found some articles about differentiating between Lesser and Greater Sand-Plovers. Looking at my photos, I’m afraid I can’t narrow it down to LESP since there seems to be overlap between these two species among their various subspecies. Can anybody point out the salient features which make this a Lesser?

Good birding, Eric Goodill
Menlo Park