Date: 4/8/21 10:23 am
From: Donna Stumpp <donna.stumpp...>
Subject: [cobirds] Adult BAEA hauling in eaglet's first meal - Jeffco
I was out walking Standley Lake's north shore (N end of Jefferson County)
about 5pm yesterday 4/7, and was able to capture one of the adult BAEA's
hauling in a duck (appears to be a Mallard). It was pretty far out, so the
pics aren't as crispy as I'd like, but good enough to witness the effort
put in to bring it to shore, rest for a couple minutes, then deliver it to
the nest.

After talking with a ranger, she said it was dad bringing in the new
eaglet's first meal.

Donna Stumpp
Jeffco

[image: 4-7 BAEA with duck Standley c.JPG]
[image: 4-7 BAEA with duck Standley f.JPG]
[image: 4-7 BAEA with duck Standley i.JPG]
[image: 4-7 BAEA with duck Standley j.JPG]
[image: 4-7 BAEA with duck Standley k.JPG]
[image: 4-7 BAEA with duck Standley n.JPG]

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<919bdcd1-c8cd-42fc-b928-97f7d737a625n...>

Join us on Facebook!