Date: 4/8/21 7:06 am
From: Sally Waterhouse <smwaterh...>
Subject: [cobirds] Re: Bluebird dearth
In Chaffee County we have noticed a difference as well this year. We
noticed some very large flocks of Mt. Bluebirds in March but those seem to
have disappeared now and resident birds that are often around nest boxes by
this time seem significantly reduced. Mt. Bluebirds were one of the
species that were found here as victims of the September snow event. We
have a county wide nest box monitoring program here that may eventually
provide some insight.

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 5:50:13 PM UTC-6 <ouz......> wrote:

> We have not seen many bluebirds this spring, so I compared this year with
> the three prior years' data. This year we have seen only one or two of
> either species only once in a while. The last 3 years we saw them almost
> daily starting in mid-March.
>
> This drop seems striking, at least along our road and on the trail we walk
> regularly. Have others noticed this pattern?
>
> Hugh & Urling Kingery

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<09e652b7-d692-40c6-8383-dd3847bb7812n...>

Join us on Facebook!