Date: 4/7/21 9:26 pm
From: Richard Hoyer <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender birdernaturalist for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Re: Quiz Bird Song
This is fun. Four guesses so far, and none correct.

I should have offered a suggestion: save the sound file and open it up with sound-editing software like Raven Lite, Audacity, or, the one that I now use and is recommended by Cornell, Ocenaudio. Then you can parse the song and listen to bits of it at a time.

Best,

Rich
---
Rich Hoyer
Eugene, Oregon
<birdernaturalist...>

Senior Leader for WINGS
http://wingsbirds.com <http://wingsbirds.com/>

my blog: http://birdernaturalist.blogspot.com <http://birdernaturalist.blogspot.com/>
---

> On Apr 7, 2021, at 9:20 PM, Stephen Rice <birdguy...> wrote:
>
> Fun!
>
> 1st choice House Wren
> 2nd choice Bewick’s Wren
>
> Steve Rice
> Gresham
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Apr 7, 2021, at 8:51 PM, Richard Hoyer <dmarc-noreply...> wrote:
>>
>> Dear OBOL,
>>
>> I've attached a recording I made of a bird singing in my north Eugene yard a week ago. I know what it is, but it's not a typical song, so I thought it would make a good quiz. I'll try to post about it to my blog in a few days, with an analysis. If I say much more about it, I might give it away.
>>
>> Enjoy,
>>
>> Rich
>> ---
>> Rich Hoyer