Date: 4/7/21 8:41 pm
From: Emilie Danna <emilie.danna...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Wilson's snipe, Sora, Gallinule at Coast Casey Forebay
Continuing today's adventures...

To finish the day, my son and I went to our favorite evening spot at
"Charleston Slough/Coast Casey Forebay". The small pond just north of the
parking lot on Terminal Blvd often has interesting birds in late afternoon
/ early evening.

As soon as we arrived, we saw a *Sora* with its bright yellow bill, but it
disappeared quickly in the reeds before I could take a photo. Conversely,
we were lucky to get very good looks of two *Common Gallinules* that were
swimming in the same spot. While we were enjoying the rest of the birds, a
well-camouflaged bird caught our eye. It was hiding in the clumps of dried
vegetation, emerging once in a while. We guess it was a *Wilson's snipe*
(very long bill, streaks on the back, striped head). Please take a look at
the photos and let us know what you think. Thank you!

Checklist with photos: https://ebird.org/checklist/S85071022

View/Reply Online (#24107): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/24107
-=-=-

-=-=-