Date: 4/7/21 8:39 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Wednesday eBird RBA
Looks like Swainson’s Thrushes are in a month early this year- there is a
rash of eBird reports, all unconfirmed? I think we did have some late
April really early birds the last few years, but early April is too early-
Hermit Thrushes are migrating now and that is what I expect an early April
report of a Catharus thrush to be. Documentation of recorded calls or
photos might help here. I do not expect Swainson’s in Coos County until
about 1 May anyhow. By the way, the songs of these two species are also
often confused so yes, a recording would be helpful.

Merry migration!
Tim Rodenkirk
Coos Bay

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 4:36 AM Teresa Hertzel <teresa.hertzel...>
wrote:

> https://ebird.org/alert/summary?sid=SN35555
>

> *** Species Summary:
>
> Greater White-fronted Goose (Western) (4 Union)
> Redhead (1 Josephine)
> Clark's Grebe (1 Linn)
> Lesser Nighthawk (3 Tillamook)
> White-throated Swift (3 Jackson, 1 Malheur)
> Black-chinned x Anna's Hummingbird (hybrid) (1 Jackson)
> Calliope Hummingbird (1 Benton)
> Pacific Golden-Plover (1 Lane)
> Semipalmated Plover (3 Yamhill)
> Long-billed Curlew (4 Polk)
> Caspian Tern (1 Klamath)
> Snowy Egret (1 Klamath, 2 Lane)
> White-tailed Kite (1 Polk)
> Northern Goshawk (1 Jackson)
> Rough-legged Hawk (1 Multnomah)
> Short-eared Owl (1 Jackson)
> Northern Shrike (2 Lake)
> Oak Titmouse (2 Klamath)
> Horned Lark (Western pale Group) (2 Baker)
> Purple Martin (2 Lane, 1 Linn)
> Northern Mockingbird (1 Crook, 1 Washington)
> Swainson's Thrush (Russet-backed) (1 Clackamas)
> Chipping Sparrow (2 Multnomah)
> Black-chinned Sparrow (1 Benton)
> Brewer's Sparrow (2 Baker)
> Fox Sparrow (Sooty) (1 Harney)
> Swamp Sparrow (1 Multnomah)
> MacGillivray's Warbler (1 Umatilla)
> Black-throated Gray Warbler (1 Polk, 1 Tillamook)

Join us on Facebook!