Date: 4/7/21 7:02 pm
From: Randy Rowe <rowe926...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Louisiana waterthrush in Wooster Memorial Park
This afternoon we saw our first Louisiana waterthrush in Wooster Memorial
Park, Wayne Co. It's always so nice when they are back.

We have spent considerable time in the West and have always loved the
American dipper, a bird of fast flowing streams in the West. I've often
thought that the Louisiana waterthrush is our "dipper" of the East. It's
found along the streams and even "dips" as it moves along. Of course, it's
a warbler, so not even vaguely related, but certainly sort of fits that
niche.
Randy Rowe, Wooster