Date: 4/7/21 7:00 pm
From: Mary Korkor <marykorkor...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: Pileated question
I am hearing and seeing Pileated Woodpeckers regularly in northwest Waukesha County, including on my property and on the Monches Segment of the Ice Age Trail. In Chenequa they are demonstrating their presence with their signature oval holes and impressive tree shredding. Perhaps it is all the Ash trees and oak wilt that has created a welcoming environment for them as this area is heavily wooded. I heard a Red-shouldered Hawk yesterday, which is also taking advantage of this wooded area.
Mary Korkor
Waukesha County