Date: 4/7/21 6:52 pm
From: William Flack via groups.io <sparvophile...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] Hilltop cranes
Thanks for the replies, Tom and Thane!

Tom, I don't recall whether the birds moved.  I didn't watch them for very long—mostly, I was checking to see if they were dancing or the like.  For what it's worth, a NGP website says that they're not hunted in Nebraska, so if they were being hunted, it was illegally.

In the video that Thane links, the birds seemed to be side-by-side,and moving their heads pretty conspicuously.  I'd have seen that.  Also, the calling in the video is more or less constant, whereas on my birds, there were pauses of a few seconds (and sometimes longer) between calls.

William Flack
Kearney