Date: 4/7/21 5:24 pm
From: Joan Lentz (cox.net address) <joanlentz...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Spring migration happening now
Hi all: Just so you’ll have a heads up: spring bird migration is in progress, although a bit slow to see right now. Remember last spring how windy it was? We may not get such a show this year, because the birds aren’t clogged up by the winds, but trust me, they are coming through! If you have a water feature of any kind in your yard or off your balcony, the birds will thank you in this dry year. Just to see the Yellow-rumped Warblers in full breeding garb (!) combined with some of the orioles and the Black-headed Grosbeaks is enough to get you started. I really like making an eBird list when I’m looking out at my backyard, too.
You can look online at Bird Cast, which shows you what’s happening in the skies at night.
If you’re trying to get a friend interested in birding, have them sit out with you on one of these evenings when the birds are stopping off to get a drink or to bathe — any source of water that you’ve discovered is bound to attract a crowd of migrants right about now. Many are in full breeding attire and look gorgeous!
Good birding!
Joan Lentz

View/Reply Online (#32227): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/32227
-=-=-