Date: 4/7/21 5:14 pm
From: Barry Parkin <nun2brite2002...>
Subject: [sd-birds] Whooping cranes Brown County
3 whooping cranes have been seen the last 3 days at the north end of Putney Slough in Brown County.  Putney Slough is about 6 miles east of the southern end of Sand Lake NWR.

FOS birds for me recently include Great Blue Heron, Wilsons Snipe, American Avocet, American White Pelican, Double Crested Cormorant and the Aberdeen water tower Turkey Vultures that I get to enjoy returning to the roost every night from by backyard.  Still seeing large amounts of waterfowl especially in Faulk and Edmunds county.  Ruddy ducks were the last species to show up in force and I saw many today.  My backyard is busy with goldfinches, siskins and juncoes.

Barry Parkin
Aberdeen