Date: 4/7/21 4:04 pm
From: Michael Mammoser <mmammoser...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Red Crossbill at Santa Teresa County Park
I visited Santa Teresa County Park on 7 Apr 2021, in mid afternoon, and spent about 45 minutes there. At about 3:00 pm I was walking the road between the large parking lot at the Hidden Springs/Mine trail junction and the small pocket lot just past it, when a RED CROSSBILL flew over, loudly calling "kip kip kip". I got my binoculars on it and followed it as it landed in the top of a valley oak tree up the slope from the road, above the Mine Trail. It sat there for a couple minutes, allowing me to get to my car in the pocket lot, and get my scope out. I got a very satisfying view of the bird for about a minute or so. When it left the tree, it angled down and to the left, possibly heading to the small creek up there, for a drink and/or bath.
Michael Mammoser

View/Reply Online (#24103): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/24103
-=-=-

-=-=-