Date: 4/7/21 3:41 pm
From: MaryAnn Allan <maallan...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Ash-throated Flycatcher, Cassin's Vireo at Monte Bello Open Space Preserve, Wednesday, April 7
I was up at Monte Bello Open Space this morning as part of the Birdcasso's SCVAS birdathon team. A slow, cold start turned into a warm productive day. I had 2 Cassin's Vireos near Gate 5, one bird was well-seen and singing its classic question-answer song. At the main parking lot a Blue-Grey Gnatcatcher was calling from the small tree behind the restroom. And on the Canyon Trail just south of the sag pond, I had an Ash-throated Flycatcher. I believe this is an early arrival for this bird at this location. Other notables include Lincoln Sparrow, CA Quail, displaying turkeys, and at the pond below gate 5 when many Purple Finch, Red-winged Blackbirds, one American Coot and one female Bufflehead. You can see my 3 eBird lists, including photos of the ATFY, at https://ebird.org/checklist/S85052884 ; https://ebird.org/checklist/S85052716 ; https://ebird.org/checklist/S85052637.

View/Reply Online (#24102): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/24102
-=-=-

-=-=-
Group Owner: southbaybirds+<owner...>