Date: 4/7/21 3:36 pm
From: Eve Meier <eve.m.meier...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] La Rinconada Park in Los Gatos
Hi Everyone,

Today Patricia Lynch and I birded La Rinconada Park in Los Gatos. This is a
quiet little park with a large lawn and about 1/2 mile of trails alongside
through the oaks. There's a very small creek that currently has water.
It's a touch early for spring migrants but we spotted one *Pacific-slope
Flycatcher* and a *Vaux's Swift* flew overhead. The best birds were a *Brown
Creeper* with nesting material visiting its nest and several *American
Goldfinches*. Other birds included *White-breasted Nuthatch*, *Oak
Titmouse*, *Spotted Towhee*, *Hairy Woodpecker* and *Yellow-rumped Warbler*.
For more information on this park see Lisa Myers self-guided field trip
<https://scvas.org/self-guided-birding/la-rinconada-springsummer>.

Happy Birding!
Eve Meier (San Jose)

https://ebird.org/checklist/S85045031