Date: 4/7/21 3:01 pm
From: Lindsey Duval <lindsey.duval...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Clifton Park Osprey, others
After spending a full day birding the far reaches of Columbia and
Rensselaer Counties and seeing numerous species in natural settings it was
quite amusing to finally roll into Clifton Park and watch an Osprey hunting
the man made pond at Hannaford, surrounded by plenty of traffic! The Fish
Crows made a big show of running it out of the site. I've seen a few other
flyover Osprey in previous days.

No year species in the far reaches of Region 8 and I couldn't even find
previously reported Savannah Sparrows at Ooms (Field Sparrows are leaking
in), but there are still Red Crossbills at Hand Hollow. That whole area
seems loaded with Sapsuckers and GC Kinglets and I had a RC Kinglet each at
Hand Hollow and the Corkscrew Rail Trail, which had the highlight of a
rufous Ruffed Grouse by some chickens.

Lindsey D.