Date: 4/7/21 2:17 pm
From: Thomas Wood <tcwood729...>
Subject: [wisb] Purple Martins back at Marsh Haven Nature Center (Fond du Lac County)
Today, April 7, the same date I first saw them there last year, I saw 3 Purple Martins on or near the nesting boxes at the nature center. The sign in front of the driveway to the nature center says it is closed until mid-April, but the nesting boxes can easily be seen from the shoulder of STH 49.
Other FOY birds seen at Horicon NWR today were a Great Egret on the south side of STH 49 (gone by afternoon when I left), and a somewhat early Least Sandpiper in with the Pectoral Sandpiper flock on the mudflats west of the autotour road past the boardwalk loop.
Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County####################