Date: 4/7/21 1:27 pm
From: Tina Jones <tjcalliope...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bald Eagle at Marston, Denver
I just came back from looking at the Bald Eagle nest at Marston. After watching the nest through my scope for a while, I saw a quick movement which ended up being the tip of an Eagles tail. After a while I saw the top of the Eagle's crown move and then disappear, and that was it and there was no movement for a while so I left. This nest is extremely deep. A Bald is there as of today and probably was there the other days but it was so well hidden. From my experience in the past watching Bald Eagle nests, one does not see the newly hatched chick or chicks until they are around 5-7 days old. . A parent lays next to the chicks in the beginning. What seems weird is the 3 days I have been near the nest, I have not seen 2 parents near the nest[today 1, and maybe 1 before but if so, very hidden]. From past experience watching Balds, Male and Female have been at the nest together for at least the first week after the chicks have hatched.

I am guessing an egg has hatched but I have not been correct with this Bald Eagle pair as to when they do what?

Now I can say I hope, Happy Birding!
Tina Jones
Littleton, Jefferson County, CO

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<CY4PR14MB17024745D04F39CC64F0D934C0759...>

Join us on Facebook!