Date: 4/7/21 12:15 pm
From: Claude Lyneis <cmlyneis...>
Subject: Re: [EBB-Sightings] Western Kingbird eating an insect
EBB and Kingbird

Thanks for all the thoughtful comments on whether the photos show a Western Kingbird or a Tropical Kingbird at Arrowhead March about a hundred yards south of the north walkway. Since there is no clear consensus I looked at iBird and Wikipedia and I favor the Tropical Kingbird identification.
The amount of yellow on the breast seems inconclusive. However, the tail is dark brown and not black and it appears to be forked not square. Both of these characteristics favor the Tropical Kingbird identification.
Perhaps the bird will remain at Arrowhead long enough for someone to make a definitive ID.

37°44'24.804" N 122°12'38.784" W

Flickr. https://flic.kr/p/2kRwayb <https://flic.kr/p/2kRwayb>

Claude Lyneis