Date: 4/7/21 11:32 am
From: Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...>
Subject: FW: eBird Report - Soldier Creek Industrial Park Recreational Trail, Apr 7, 2021
The weather was windy and started off cool but quickly warmed up as the sun broke up the clouds. Ten people joined OKC Audubon on the

field trip to the new section of SCIP trails north of NE 23rd Street.

Note that Hal Yoakum found an Orange-crowned Warbler that is not on our cumulative list as he had headed back earlier and was the only

one to see it.

One immature Bald Eagle flew over Hal, Steve Davis and I as we lingered in the parking lot as the others had left. This bird, White-winged

Dove, Swainson’s Hawk, and Yellow-headed Blackbird were all new to the SCIP Ebird list.

Jimmy Woodard

Midwest City, OK

Soldier Creek Industrial Park Recreational Trail, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, US Apr 7, 2021 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM

Protocol: Traveling

3.0 mile(s)

Checklist Comments: Official OKC Audubon field trip.

40 species

Canada Goose 3

Wood Duck 2

Wild Turkey 1

Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 2

Eurasian Collared-Dove 1

White-winged Dove 3

Mourning Dove 8

Franklin's Gull 9

Great Blue Heron 2

Black Vulture 2

Turkey Vulture 17

Bald Eagle 1

Red-shouldered Hawk 1

Swainson's Hawk 3

Red-tailed Hawk 3

Red-bellied Woodpecker 5

Downy Woodpecker 4

Eastern Phoebe 2

Scissor-tailed Flycatcher 1

Blue Jay 2

American Crow 10

Fish Crow 22 Several groups heard and seen flying together and calling repeatedly.

Carolina Chickadee 9

Tufted Titmouse 12

Northern Rough-winged Swallow 2

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 11