Date: 4/7/21 11:11 am
From: Ann Stewart <annhstewart...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Wood Duck update/Floyd County
Saw a pair of Wood Ducks on pond this morning. female finally flew to Box 4 and went in and the male stay in water waiting on her. Little while later she came out and they both flew away. I knew
she had laid an egg.
I checked Box 3 to see if it had hatched. The female flew out and I checked the 14 Wood Ducks eggs. No cracks or peck holes but I put egg up to my ear and could hear the pecking inside. They should hatch within next two days!
I then checked Box 4 that the female went in and to my surprise there were 4 eggs!
Someone’s been sneaking in without me seeing them!

Season getting off to a great start!

Ann Stewart
Rome,Georgia

Sent from my iPhone