Date: 4/7/21 10:39 am
From: Paul Heveran <birdmeister.paul...>
Subject: Migrating chickadees? - Montgomery Co.
Hello PA Birders,

At least twice now, I've heard a chickadee outside my window and then seen
1-3 appear in treetops in the southern corner of the yard. They then follow
a line of spruce tops NE, tree-hopping until they are out of sight. They're
gone so quickly that I can't assign them to species for sure, but they do
look long-tailed and messy-bibbed (suggesting Black-capped). I wonder if
this is near peak time for Black-cappeds to be passing through on
migration. I've also seen one or two Tufted Titmice do the same thing. They
don't stop at the feeders even though those are just a few feet from the
trees.

Good birding,
Paul Heveran

Join us on Facebook!