Date: 4/7/21 10:16 am
From: Chris Eberly <director...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Re: Chimney swift viewing
As you may know, Chimney Swifts have declined 67% since 1970. The Maryland
Bird Conservation Partnership started a Chimney Swift Conservation Program
last year (https://marylandbirds.org/chimney-swifts). We would like to know
where swifts are nesting and roosting and try to quantify how many swifts
are in Maryland. We are posting swift tower locations on a map. We are also
tracking chimneys used for nesting or roosting but are *NOT *disclosing
this information publicly.

Posting the locations of known chimneys (and swift towers) with nesting or
roosting swifts at https://marylandbirds.org/chimney-swift-site-report
would be a big help in our efforts to support Chimney Swift populations.
Thank you.

Chris Eberly
Annapolis