Date: 4/7/21 9:21 am
From: Johnson, Alyssa <Alyssa.Johnson...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Upcoming Montezuma Audubon Programs
Good afternoon!

We have three very differentevents happening this week- see below for more info!

Montezuma Bird Watching Tour

Thursday, April 8
1:00 PM - 3:30 PM

Spring is here and migratory birds are returning every day. Come along as we explore some popular birding hot spots and look and listen for signs of spring. Participants will drive their own vehicle and receive a conference call phone number to hear the Audubon educator narrate the tour and ask questions between stops. Guests are welcome to get out of their vehicles at each stop so facial coverings will be required, and we will follow physical distancing guidelines.

For more information and to register: https://act.audubon.org/a/montezuma-bird-watching-tour-4821

Woodcock Walk at Guy's Marsh
Friday, April 9
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
"Guy's Marsh" is a recently restored marsh, born from a partnership between NYSDEC, Ducks Unlimited, Friends of the Montezuma Wetlands Complex, and the Baldassarre family. Guy was a professor at nearby SUNY ESF for 25 years, where he specialized in ornithology and wildlife management. This marsh was named in his honor. We will take a 1.5-mile hike on the grassy berm surrounding the marsh, looking for waterfowl and American Woodcock.
For more information and to register: https://ny.audubon.org/education/montezuma-audubon-center-programs-and-events

Bird Banding with Dr. John Van Niel
Saturday, April 10
10:00 AM -11:30 AM
Join us for a LIVE spring bird banding experience! This event was originally slated to be an online and virtual event only but will now be offered in person. Dr. John Van Niel, a Professor of Environmental Conservation at Finger Lakes Community College, has been a bird bander since 1999. He will explain how to safely capture and handle songbirds, the scientific reasons for placing bands on birds and what information researchers can obtain from a bird "in the hand".
For more information and to register: https://act.audubon.org/a/virtual-bird-banding-dr-john-van-niel-3621

Check our website as new programs and events are added frequently!

Thank you,
Alyssa
--
Alyssa Johnson