Date: 4/7/21 5:54 am
From: Jack Swatt <jswattbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Re: Proposed Darrow Pond Development
Darrow Pond is one of the areas where Whip-poor-wills have been found
recently and are listed as a species of Special Concern. Unfortunately
they do not appear in the Natural Diversity Data Base section of their
Environmental Review Report. I must admit that I am very behind in
submitting sightings of state listed birds to the NDDB, but this shows how
important it is to submit reports on a timely basis since
development projects like this can happen at any time. It would be nice if
there was an easier way to submit sightings, but for now it is just a
paper-based system. I'll be submitting my Whip-poor-will sightings and
mentioning that on the survey, but I encourage everyone to submit reports
of listed birds or any other listed species they encounter. For
those unfamiliar with the reporting system, more info and reporting forms
can be found here:
https://portal.ct.gov/DEEP/Endangered-Species/Contributing-Data

Jack Swatt

Lempster, NH