Date: 4/7/21 2:55 am
From: Mark Welch <welch.mark3...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Pine siskins and feeders
Fwiw, I had 2 PS during the polar weather that were keeling over on ground on my feeding stone and were defenseless: fluffed up, dazed, immobile, occasionally falling over . Sadly, our dog beat me to the birds each time. Also had a sick- behaving lesser GF, but he did manage to fly away & never seen again. No AGF or house finch acted strange, weak or were fluffed up like the PS.

Mark in Dripping Springs

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 6, 2021, at 8:31 PM, Lamont Brown <lamont...> wrote:
>

> I may be late to the party on this topic. If this link has been shared, touch delete.
>
> According to the article, CDC has confirmed Salmonella in birds including Siskins in 8 states, although Texas is not one of them.
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/04/health/bird-feeders-salmonella-cdc.html?referringSource=articleShare
> Lamont Brown
> Euless

Join us on Facebook!