Date: 4/6/21 10:44 pm
From: Annika Andersson <aandersson83...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Fwd: Tillamook LESSER NIGHTHAWK
Thank you, Russ and Bob, for getting the word out on OBOL so quickly.
Everyone's quick responses and ID tips on WhatsApp were a big help as well. I
appreciate this birding community, on all its platforms.
My checklist is up in eBird with details and a few photos.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S85008033

You can access this stretch of the bay shore from Kilchis Point Reserve
trail, or park along Clam or Salmon Streets and walk down the beach to
Goose Point.

Annika
South Beach, OR

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 8:06 PM David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...>
wrote:

> Seen again at sunset flying around feeding same place--Goose Pt. (Via
> Clatsop-Tillamook Birders WhatsApp). I am folding laundry...but what a
> great bird!
>
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2021, 15:06 Russ Namitz <namitzr...> wrote:
>
>> Annika Andersson just found and photographed a putative LESSER NIGHTHAWK
>> (being discussed on the Clatsop-Tillamook WhatsApp) at Goose Point on the
>> east edge of Tillamook Bay. She is still working in the field, but gave me
>> permission to post on her behalf.
>>
>> Access is via Clam St, just south of Bay City (45.511341, -123.886745)
>>
>> Bird was initially seen as it flushed from the ground and then seen along
>> driftwood logs east (south) of Goose Point on the beach around here
>> (45.508771, -123.887893).
>>
>> A strategy for viewing the Lesser Nighthawk in Arcata, CA last week was
>> to come out at sunset and wait for the bird to starting hunting and flying
>> around. That bird was present for at least 5 days...the first verified
>> Humboldt County record btw.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Russ Namitz

Join us on Facebook!