Date: 4/6/21 9:08 pm
From: Kevin Murphy <kevin.murphy39...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] FW: Eurasian Wigeon
Thanks to Betty Lucas/Rita G/Carolyn Fischer for the find and getting the
word out on this bird. I observed the Eurasian Wigeon from about 6:45 until
8. Right at dark a large chunk (possibly all) of the puddle ducks lifted
off the pond and flew to the west. I'll second Rita's recommendation to
bring a scope if anyone goes to search for it tomorrow.

While watching the EUWI I also had a Wilson's Snipe winnow and an American
Woodcock peenting in the wet meadow/woodlot on the opposite side of the
road from this pond.

Good birding!

Kevin Murphy, Ames