Date: 4/6/21 2:57 pm
From: Susan Schaezler <susan...>
Subject: [texbirds] 4-6-21 SEVEN warbler sp./36 wa.@ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
4-6-21 SEVEN warbler sp. @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

Seven warbler species, as long as both Myrtle and Audubon’s YR count as one species. I spent 2 hr with very little action with birds approaching the water or anywhere out there, but the birds were too scared of predators to come in, but at 1215 I left Don with my camera and I went in to get lunch and the mob came in, so I watched from the distance—Don had a very narrowed view of the action and didn’t know that you need to view the whole view every so often with binoculars to get all the numbers. I had 4 Yellow-rumped Warbler with different plumage and 1 Audubon’s Yellow-rumped warbler, 2 Wilson’s Warbler, 20 Nashville Warbler, 3 Orange-crowned Warbler, 3 Black-and-white Warbler, 1 Northern Parula, 3 Black-throated-green Warbler with 2 males and 1 female. Don also had 4 warblers at the Old Barn earlier. So that action lasted 35 min and I watched from a distance, but the different plumages was easier and I had Nashville Warbler all over the pond and vegetation behind and to the side of the pond. It then went back to quiet again. So action probably takes 3 hrs of quiet to get a short time of action and you have to be totally quiet and not move around and dress in nature’s colors to blend into the background. We have Don’s photos and my scanning the whole area. I didn’t want to go back while all the action was going on or I could have stopped it.

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org, http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L213585?yr=cur
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS

Join us on Facebook!