Date: 4/6/21 11:40 am
From: Sarah Chan <spqcstuff...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Turkeys not Bunnies?
Last year at Pearson-Arastradero, I accidentally flushed over a dozen
turkey poults from a berry tree. It turns out they were taking advantage of
their small size to eat the berries at the top! Their much heavier mothers
were on the ground, picking the berries at the lower branches.

[image: DSC_7390-2.jpg]

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 10:44 AM Mike Voydanoff <mike...> wrote:

> I’ve had turkeys in the trees in my yard, both here and back in
> Massachusetts. I don’t think this is uncommon behavior. They are birds
> after all. But it is definitely surprising to see none the less.
>

> On Apr 6, 2021, at 10:40 AM, Diane McCoy <dianemccoy10...> wrote:
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>

> Hi All,
> I had a rather strange siting of a turkey this weekend!
> We live in Palo Alto near Greer and Embarcadero. Sunday evening around
> 7:30 I was out with doggy doing a last quick walk and saw this turkey
> (young?) take off from our neighbor’s lawn up into the magnolia tree across
> the street! I usually have my little point/shoot camera in my vest pocket
> and so glad I did. It just sat there in the tree, looking a little
> confused…..but that is me imposing emotions on it.
> Has anyone else encountered this in such an urban neighborhood? We are
> close to the bay lands and saw a two over there last year.
> It was gone next morning. Thanks, Diane PS Funny, because didn’t see any
> bunnies all day…...<DSCN5158.jpeg><DSCN5162.jpeg><DSCN5170.jpeg>
>
> --
> EV2EV Code of Conduct: https://www.evols.org/ev2ev-code-of-conduct/

View/Reply Online (#24097): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/24097
-=-=-