Date: 4/6/21 11:28 am
From: Jeff Gibson <gibsondesign15...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Sparrows
At 8 o’clock this morning I suddenly realized that I hadn’t checked the mailbox for several days. My late mother, in her dementia , rabidly accused me of stealing her mail so I’ve got to update my habits. I hope she has too.

Anyhoo, checking the mailbox paid off big time because I got to hear two “new’ bird songs. They were “new” to me since I never hear too much from them around here, so I forget. At this stage in life I’ve probably forgotten more info than I still remember, but that’s still plenty for me.

The two new birdsongs were Golden-Crowned Sparrow , and Fox Sparrow , The Fox Sparrow is particularly variable in song. Two Golden-Crowns, one Fox.

Have been watching the slo-mo switcheroo from winter plumage to breeding plumage in both Golden and White-crowned Sparrows this Spring. It takes a while.

Jeff Gibson
Port Townsend WA