Date: 4/6/21 10:09 am
From: Chuck Imbergamo <imbercj...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Chatfield Hollow migrants and others
I spent a pleasant morning at Chatfield Hollow State Park in Madison this morning, seeing 29 species including several migrants.

Sightings included Bald Eagle, Brown Creeper, singing Winter Wren, Red-breasted Nuthatch and one Chipping Sparrow. Numerous Eastern Phoebes were seen and the sounds of Pine Warblers were heard often, with a few birds seen as well. No Waterthrushes yet, but it won’t be long…!!

Please note that the boardwalk is still closed, due to the pandemic. A park employee thinks that may be changing soon – I hope so!!

---Chuck Imbergamo
Madison