Date: 4/6/21 8:38 am
From: 'George Hammond' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Unhurried seasonal nesting
Southeastern Michigan had almost no precipitation from mid February until March 24, then got the month’s average in just a few days. March was significantly warmer than average too. Jan and Feb also had substantially below average precip. I suspect that the dryness has slowed down plants and insects. The National Drought Monitor lab says we are still in a state of “moderate drought” https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?Midwest

Maybe reduced/delayed insect hatch is slowing down the songbirds, and lower water levels have changed the timing for the waterfowl?

George

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<835034B8-7F84-475D-9604-5E1B3F1CD228...>

Join us on Facebook!