Date: 4/6/21 1:10 am
From: Erik Breden <erik.breden...>
Subject: [texbirds] Spring is in the Air
Texbirders,

I ventured out today to Estero Llano Grande State Park in Weslaco (where
I live). The female Elegant Trogon is still being seen and I managed a
fleeting glimpse of her as she was moving through the Tropical Zone at
the park. No photos, however.

But, there were other birds around, including a number of warbler
migrants...also no photos, alas. But the park host showed me a
Screech-Owl with a large lizard in its bill. And a pair of Long-billed
Dowitchers at the pond by the Visitor Center were also nice to see.

A few photos can be seen at:

www.otterside.com/spring2021/index.htm

Enjoy!

Erik Breden