Date: 4/5/21 7:04 pm
From: Iain Macleod <pandiain.im...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Lakes Region Ospreys and Eagles, etc
Ospreys we're back at three Lakes Region nests today including a female
that we banded in 2012, back at her nest for at least her tenth year. I
didn't see any at five other nests I checked.
At Lily Pond in Gilford a male Osprey was fishing in the strong wind. He
plunged and caught a small yellow perch.

Also at Lily Pond a single female Greater Scaup was in with the 60+
Ring-necked Ducks.

I checked six eagle nests. One had already hatched and I saw the female
feeding a single 2-3 day-old chick. At two nests the tell-tale white head
low in the nest indicated incubation. At two other nests, the pairs are
still working on getting a substantial-enough nest established... hopefully
next week they will be incubating.

Other birds:
Fish Crows were calling near the Tilton Diner.
There seemed to be lots of Ring-billed Gulls on the move today. I kept
seeing small flocks moving in a northerly direction.

Sapsuckers arrived over the weekend. FOY in Center Harbor yesterday and
another in Sandwich today.

Iain MacLeod
Center Harbor