Date: 4/5/21 2:47 pm
From: Pam Hunt <biodiva...>
Subject: [NHBirds] fun seacoast finds this morning
Greetings all,

Unity and I headed to the coast this morning, where we met up with Angie
Krysiak for a couple of hours. My time was initially occupied by setting up
the Purple Martin gourds in Seabrook and Hampton, while Angie an Unity
explored Island Path and Hampton Beach SP. After that, Angie left and Unity
and I continued up to Meadow Pond and inland to the Exeter WTP. Among our
highlights are the following:

Pair of Peregines over Island Path

Adult Glaucous Gull continues on the Seabrook restroom (didn't see the young
bird)

Osprey perched in the marsh off the end of Cross Beach Road

3 Piping Plover and 2 "Ipswich" Savannah Sparrows at Hampton Beach (I missed
the latter since I was off raising gourds)

Meadow Pond was hopping, with three Gadwall, 212 GW Teal, and a calling
Virginia Rail.

And the usual suspects were at Exeter, with a single obvious Greater Scaup
mixed in with the dozens of Lessers and Ring-necks. Also an impressive 19
Buffleheads, all but one in the lower two ponds.

Pam Hunt and Unity Dienes

Concord

"The most dangerous worldview is the worldview of those who have not viewed
the world."

- Alexander von Humboldt