Date: 4/5/21 2:31 pm
From: Thomas Wood <tcwood729...>
Subject: [wisb] Columbia County Eurasian Wigeon continues ,but difficult to see
I spent nearly 3 1/2 hours enjoying the birds from the Lake Wisconsin causeway this morning, 4/5. Viewing conditions were very poor due to poor lighting and the distance of most of the birds. I eventually saw the Eurasian Wigeon for about a minute, but when I went to attach my iPod Touch to the spotting scope in an attempt to get a documentatation photo, I lost the bird and I couldn’t find it again until the sun came out and lighting improved. Unfortunately, heat shimmer then became a factor, so the sighting wasn’t as good as many others I have had, but I was still excited to see it.
Other interesting birds besides the great variety of ducks were Greater White-fronted Geese, White Pelicans, a Common Loon, Horned Grebes, and very vocal Bonaparte’s Gulls.
Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County