Date: 4/5/21 12:36 pm
From: Brandon Caswell <brandon.caswell83...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] Cinnamon teal at Wagner Rd Wetlands, Black Hawk Co.
I’ve been observing the bird for about half an hour and have taken lots of
photos. I think the potential for Northern Shoveler x Cinnamon Teal or that
hybrid back-crossed with pure Cinnamon Teal is on the table.

The bill seems heavy, the green in the head seems excessive, and the
scapular stripes on the back are solid white, more reminiscent of a
shoveler. Although not a game-changer, it’s been courting a female shoveler
the entire time.

Brandon Caswell
Marion