Date: 4/5/21 12:05 pm
From: Collins, Fred (Commissioner Pct. 3) <Fred.Collins...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Pine siskins and feeders
I'm with Brush on this one. Below is more information from the USFWS lab in Wisconsin. We are going to submit more specimens soon.

Below is a note from a bird banded with Harris County Mosquito Control.

I just heard back, the goldfinch submitted to the USGS National Wildlife Health Center in Wisconsin tested positive for salmonella while the Pine Siskins (4) tested negative. These birds all came from the same feeder over in Kingwood, and the reporter said they pretty much fell out of the sky, fluttered around, and then died in front of them. They had been in the freezer for a few days before they contacted me, and they all tested negative for West Nile Virus.