Date: 4/5/21 10:58 am
From: <Cyndyjohnson28...> <cyndyjohnson28...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Douglas County - Ravens nesting at Target
You can also use Cornell’s NestWatch site to record nests. The information isn’t shared with the public to keep the nesting birds safe.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 5, 2021, at 10:10 AM, Gregg Goodrich <GreggGoodrich...> wrote:
>

> Intrigued by the breeding birds Ted Floyd found around his local Walmart, I surveyed our local Target. Hiding in plane sight above the entrance were a pair of Common Ravens. Got video, photos and recordings. Wonder how many of the big box stores have nesting Ravens. Here is my eBird list with the photos, recordings and video.
>
> https://ebird.org/checklist/S84685043
>
> I have thought that eBird didn’t want photos of nests, eggs, feathers or tracks of birds. But that is not entirely true. If you see a bird on a nest and it flys off before you can get a photo, you can still submit a photo of the nest, since you know the nest is associated with the bird. Here is the wording on the eBird help and the link to it. So, I included photos of the nest on the list above.
>
> eBird is designed for observations of wild, living birds. To ensure we collect the highest quality data on when and where birds occur, we encourage you to only upload non-bird photos (e.g., photos of nests, eggs, feathers, etc.) when you also observed the birds themselves.
>
> https://support.ebird.org/en/support/solutions/articles/48000960529-ebird-media-upload-faq#anchornesteggs
>
> Check out your local stores for breeding activity. Another fun way to bird.
>
> Gregg Goodrich
> Highlands Ranch
>
> --
> --
> * All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
> * Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+<unsubscribe...>
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAG23Tovgw%<3Dd2YLwi9Fn4PNRmZkUtFnA1jC4Eew6iL2iK2n5SOQ...>

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<617D655E-0BF3-4A89-B0B7-221FB2E8D04D...>

Join us on Facebook!