Date: 4/5/21 9:10 am
From: Gregg Goodrich <gregggoodrich...>
Subject: [cobirds] Douglas County - Ravens nesting at Target
Intrigued by the breeding birds Ted Floyd found around his local Walmart, I
surveyed our local Target. Hiding in plane sight above the entrance were a
pair of Common Ravens. Got video, photos and recordings. Wonder how many of
the big box stores have nesting Ravens. Here is my eBird list with the
photos, recordings and video.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S84685043

I have thought that eBird didn’t want photos of nests, eggs, feathers or
tracks of birds. But that is not entirely true. If you see a bird on a nest
and it flys off before you can get a photo, you can still submit a photo of
the nest, since you know the nest is associated with the bird. Here is the
wording on the eBird help and the link to it. So, I included photos of the
nest on the list above.

eBird is designed for observations of wild, living birds. To ensure we
collect the highest quality data on when and where birds occur, we
encourage you to only upload non-bird photos (e.g., photos of nests, eggs,
feathers, etc.) when you also observed the birds themselves.

https://support.ebird.org/en/support/solutions/articles/48000960529-ebird-media-upload-faq#anchornesteggs

Check out your local stores for breeding activity. Another fun way to bird.

Gregg Goodrich
Highlands Ranch

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAG23Tovgw%<3Dd2YLwi9Fn4PNRmZkUtFnA1jC4Eew6iL2iK2n5SOQ...>

Join us on Facebook!