Date: 4/5/21 8:52 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Hemlock Lake South End
Hi All. Prompted by Bob and Sue Spahn's observations of some returning
shorebirds in the Montezuma area, I checked out the flats at the south end
of Hemlock Lake this morning. The lake shoreline is still about a quarter
mile north of the boat launch, but the flats are gradually getting wetter,
making for some attractive-looking shorebird habitat. All I saw today were
half a dozen Killdeer but I imagine that will change soon. Highlights for
me from the morning were a Bonaparte's Gull and all three mergansers, and
it's nice to hear Sapsuckers in the woods again. EBird list here:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S84846106

Bill Howe
<whhowe60...>