Date: 4/5/21 7:33 am
From: 'The Nunn Guy' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Thick-billed Longspurs returning/Weld

Hi all

Toured Weld over weekend as usual ... total of 63 species. Highlights:

- Thick-billed Longspur - 7+ .5 south of CR 114/45 on both side of road
but mostly west. Turn off your car. Listen and watch. Easy to hear flying
around and singing. I stayed on road whole time but you could walk out
there to find, too
- Loggerhead Shrike CR 102
- Sharp-shinned Hawk - 2 out in the open. CR 110 Lone Tree Creek
crossing and Drake Lake
- Black-necked Stilt - 2 Crom Lake
- Long-billed Dowitcher Crom Lake
- Herring Gull Crom Lake (first time I have seen one there)
- Sora CR 84/31 marsh (west of)
- Great-tailed Grackle - 4 CR 124 pond, first time I have seen them there
- Horned Grebe Windsor Lake (empty of birds)
- American Avocet Stwerat's Pond
- Baird's Sandpiper Stewart's Pond
- Mourning Dove - 3 (first time this spring)
- Rough-legged Hawk CR 124
- Sandhill Crane - 70 flyover Cozzens Lake

I posted photos at links below of the Thick-billed Longspur rest of photos
later today.

Thanks, Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://www.friendsofthepawneegrassland.org
https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/birds-and-more-of-the-pawnee-national-grassland

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<3d419b25-4fa1-4864-a733-dc9a2036e47cn...>

Join us on Facebook!