Date: 4/4/21 9:37 pm
From: therese haenni <0000000915e91be8-dmarc-request...>
Subject: possible Mottled Duck Clarence Cannon NWR

I had what was either a Black Duck or Mottled Duck late Sunday afternoon at Clarence Cannon NWR today. after passing some pictures around on line the consensus seems to be Mottled Duck {there was a MODU at this location last spring). It was hanging with a female Mallard, just like last year. As you enter the refuge the road runs North from the visitors center, there will be water on the right hand side of the road. The MODU was in this water along the far weed line. The bird and the Mallard flew about 100 yards east deeper into the marsh and out of sight.
Pictures on ebird.
Dave HaenniDes Peres, MO