Date: 4/4/21 5:29 pm
From: <trueiow......> <trueiowanative...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Thrush at Swan Pond HWA

I was very delighted to see a thrush today (April 4) at Swan Lake. It
emerged at the edge of the field next to the road into the parking lot. My
birding partner got longer looks than I did. I saw the back well which was
a uniform reddish brown color. My companion saw a white throat but not the
bird's chest or face. It definitely wasn't a Hermit, Gray-cheeked or
Swainson's. I have seen/heard Wood Thrushes in this area in the fall. Could
it have been here this early? Though smaller than a robin, it seemed larger
than a Veery to me. Sadly, I did not hear it singing.

I'd like to report it to eBird but am hesitant without being more certain
about the identification.